Cashmere Parents' Group
Welcome to Cashmere Parents' Group. We are a group of Cashmere High School parents who aim to:
- Support parents by hosting informative parent talks. We hold approximately one per term.
- We help with hosting responsibilities at events such as Year 9 Parents Evening, and Achievers evening.
- We do fundraising via the family $5 donation to enable us to be a self-funding group.
- We make small donations to the school to cover things which areoutside the school budget but which benefit the students or improve the school environment, for example we funded bean bags in the library, and contributed to the Whare carving panels.
- We also are a group which the school can call on when volunteers are required.
We meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month except in school holidays, however, if meetings aren't really your thing that's ok too. We also need people to call on periodically to help at school events. If you want to be on the email list, contact email@example.com, and we can add you to the email list which will put you in the information loop and you can choose whether or not you commit to the opportunities as they come up. If you think that you have some brilliant ideas for items which would improve the school environment, ideas for social gatherings or handy contacts for interesting speakers, please contact us via our email.
Lyn de Malmanche
Chairperson Cashmere Parents' Group
Cashmere Parents' Group News
Minutes of the Cashmere Parents Group: 24 October
Next Meeting for CPG is February 27th 2019 at 7:30pm
Meetings for the year are as follows:
March 27th ( The AGM will also be held this evening)
CPG funds spent at the School in 2015
A trophy cabinet was built to house the five taonga (trophies) that Moari
students are awarded in recognition of their achievements at CHS.Before the
cabinet was made these taonga were kept in the Whare and weren't seen by
The cabinet is located in C block, alongside the Pasifika cabinet,so the taonga are on display for everyone to see.
CPG funds were spent on a mosaic tutor in 2015
Photos of Mosaics produced by CHS students.
The CPG assisted with the purchase of a marquee. It has had it's debut at School atheletics day. Sheppard house used it for their base at the School Athletics day.
A CPG donation was given to the library to soften the entrance to the library. They form a nice, welcoming, friendly and non-concrete-and-barbed-wire barrier to prevent students walking around the security gates and causing damage to them.
A donation in 2015 was given to the Maori department. This donation was put towards carvings for the whare. Shown in the photos is the progression to date.